Tottenham Hotspur have reportedly agreed on a deal with Brighton and Hove Albion midfielder Yves Bissouma.
The Times have reported that the London club have agreed to a €25 million deal with Brighton for the permanent transfer of the Mali international.
Tottenham manager Antonio Conte has begun preparations for the new season in full swing, as he closes in on his third signing of the transfer window. Spurs have been one of the most active clubs in the market so far, signing Fraser Forster and Ivan Perisic on free transfers as soon as the market opened, and is now said to be just one step away from signing Bissouma.
Spurs are offering Bissouma a five year deal – new midfielder is coming for Conte. pic.twitter.com/0PWUzYNB1J
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) June 14, 2022
The Mali international has been a prominent player in the Brighton squad, helping them establish themselves as a Premier League club. He was a crucial cog in helping the Seagulls survive for a sixth straight season in the top flight of English football
Coming off the back of a successful season with Brighton, where the 25-year-old was integral in leading the team to their highest ever Premier League finish in 9th, Bissouma’s stocks have never been higher. As a result, he has had a host of clubs after his signature, with the top clubs in England like Arsenal, Aston Villa, Everton, and Spurs all in a race to sign him. However, it seems the Lilywhites have beaten all of their rivals to the prize, and are set to walk away with Bissouma for a paltry fee.
It is understood that the two clubs shook hands over a deal just this morning, and the midfielder is reportedly set to have a medical with the North London club on Thursday. Bissouma has yet to agree to personal terms with the club, but it is said that they are not expected to be a problem. The Mali international had just 12 months left on his contract and was also in talks with Brighton to extend his contract.
However, a move to a club with top-flight European football appealed to him more, and he is all set to become Antonio Conte’s fifth signing in his Spurs tenure and the third of the summer. If reports are to be believed, Conte has targeted four more signings this summer as he looks to complete a squad overhaul and help the club end its silverware drought.