Tottenham have reportedly agreed fees in principle with Southampton for highly anticipated transfer of Pierre-Emile Højbjerg.
The North London side are said to have agreed a £15 million fee with the south coast side which will the Denmark international end up at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this summer.
Mourinho’s men enquired about the Danish international in January but his club were not willing to let go off him in the winter transfer window. He was also a subject of a bid from Everton earlier last month but wants to rather move to Spurs.
Højbjerg is expected to finalise personal terms with the Lilywhites in the coming days ahead of completing the move to London, per reports from The Guardian.
The 24-year-old amassed 33 appearances in the red and white colours at the south coast, providing just one assist in that run.
Tottenham are also believed to have accepted a £12 million bid from Southampton to sign Kyle Walker-Peters, who spent the second half of last season on loan under Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side.
Both transfers are also still subject to the agreement of personal terms and completion of medicals. Having impressed and enjoyed enough game time with the Saints, the England international is willing to join the club’s project for next season.
Walker-Peters played nine times in the Premier League for Southampton following his arrival from Tottenham in January. But looks to have convinced the manager with his displays.
It is yet unclear whether Højbjerg’s arrival could pave the way for Tanguy Ndombele, who is said to be a target for Inter Milan.
Pierre-Emile Højbjerg to Tottenham is now one step away to become a done deal. Personal terms agreed and last details between clubs then it’ll be completed. €17M to Southampton.
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 4, 2020